Thursday, August 21, 2008

Saiful swears he was sodomised by Anwar

KUALA LUMPUR: Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan fulfilled his promise yesterday to swear on the Quran that he had been sodomised by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
The former aide to the Parti Keadilan Rakyat de facto leader also threw down the gauntlet by challenging Anwar to do the same and deny the allegations.The 23-year-old was accompanied by his father Azlan Mohd Lazim and lawyer Mohd Zamri Idrus to the Federal Territory Mosque in Jalan Duta about 6pm.After swearing on the Quran before mosque officials, Mohd Saiful went to the Dynasty Hotel in Jalan Ipoh here where he told a packed press conference that it was done on his own free will."I want to uphold the truth as a Muslim, Malay and Malaysian.
"I firmly understand the consequences of my action and if it is not true, misfortune will befall me, my family and my descendants. This was the best option for me to seek justice and restore my dignity and self-respect."Wearing a brown baju Melayu and a black songkok, Saiful was calm as he answered reporters' questions."I don't want to lie, or dilly-dally any longer. I challenge Anwar to do the same (swear on the Quran) and deny my allegations against him."On the timing of his public appearance, a day before nominations for the Permatang Pauh by-election, Mohd Saiful said: "The time is right for me to face the public as a faithful Muslim."When I lodged the police report on June 26, there was no news of Anwar contesting in the by-election," he said, adding that he did not come out in the open now simply to derail Anwar's election campaign.He also made it clear that the issue was a personal matter between him and Anwar, and not one which was politically-motivated.Mohd Saiful also claimed that the act (sodomy) was not consensual.
http://www.nst.com.my/Saturday/Frontpage/2322933/Article/index_html

4 comments:

azrihashim said...

Religious people should suggest this case should be tried in Syariah Court

Umurina said...

They swear their strongest oaths by Allah that, if only thou wouldst command them, they would leave (their homes). Say: "Swear ye not; obedience is (more) reasonable; verily, Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do."
An-Nuur:53

Anonymous said...

gapo demo royat tu ustaz...cuba alih bahasa kut melayu plak..dok pehe weh...

azly ak

Umurina said...

Dan mereka (yang munafik) bersumpah dengan nama Allah, dengan sesungguh-sungguh sumpahnya: bahawa jika engkau (wahai Muhammad) perintahkan mereka (keluar berjihad), tentulah mereka akan keluar. Katakanlah: "Janganlah kamu bersumpah, (ta'at kamu itu) ta'at yang terkenal (dustanya). Sesungguhnya Amat Mendalam pengetahuanNya tentang apa yang kamu lakukan". An:Nuur 53